– Janis Kondrats, CTO at Anatomy Next
AnatomyNext is a web-based augmented reality software for medical education and healthcare professionals. It is a highly technical and interactive tool to facilitate learning for beginning students and to serve as a comprehensive reference for experienced surgeons and other high-profile healthcare professionals. It aims to help medical persons save time and make the learning process more interactive.
The project involves the following parts:
- Launcher serves as an entry point for the core applications. It enables user authentication, launch, and seamless updating of the applications.
- Head&Neck is a simple 3D-viewer for bones and muscles of the head and neck area. To facilitate further exploration of the head it allows one to hide selected pieces or make them semi-transparent.
- Neuro AN application is a complete guide to the anatomy of cranial nerves, one of the most complex and perplexing systems of the human body.
- Skull Anatomy application allows one to explore the skull in unprecedented detail with the ability to move, rotate, scale, expand, fade, and hide the model of the skull. This application has 2 modes: View and Learn.
Health tech startup.
Our challenge was to create a product with the following features: Launcher and 3 individual-focused applications: Neuro AN, Skull Anatomy and Head&Neck
Technologies used: Unity 3D, PHP
The product currently has over 70,000 users representing more than 1,760 schools and university programs throughout the US and Europe, including a pilot at the University of Washington.