That’s because it didn’t exist untill 1991 when it became independent from USSR.
The talent of Belarus developers is getting more world known due to some “hits” like: World of Tanks, #MSQRD, Viber, EPAM and Maps.me.
World of Tanks – one of the most popular and most profitable games in the World, which settled Guiness record.
The following brands have their R&D centers in Belarus:
* IHS (an American public company, NYSE: IHS, est in 1959)
Here is a short list of reasons why belarus software development ecosystem has so many talented developers:
* Belarus produced computers for the whole USSR
* It was an final point in assembly line for many engineering plants
* The country had many engineers and “software developers” since 1960-s
* Many books on computer science were printed here
* The country has 9 universities which produce round 16000 ICT specialits every year.
As for our company:
– One of the owners was the winner of International Programming Olympiads
– Some of the software engineers working in the company also took part in Programming Olympiads
All that helps us to deliver the best quality software for our customers.
PS: The man on the photo is Vitaly Voronko (musician from Belarus), who made an amazing impression on “UK got talent”.