– Janis Kondrats, CTO at Anatomy Next
YasenAndBook is an online bookstore for children. Here, authors, illustrators, and translators can sign up and add their works to the catalog. The store publishes and sells books of Russian authors in different languages to let the kids from any country read them. There are e-books and other goods, e.g. coloring books, labyrinths, and dictionaries. Some products may be downloaded, some may be previewed directly on the website. The owners may manage the content through the admin panel.
The customer is from Russia, the target markets are Russia, France, and China.
E-commerce, e-books, publishing.
Our challenge was to modify the website:
- add the admin panel
- plug SSL (HTTPS) to provide security
- plug Spring Boot
- transit from JOOQ to Hibernate
- transfer PDF files from the database to the server
- add the ability to download the files
- modify the front end in accordance with the changes on the back end
- create connections between the database objects
- synchronize testing and production environment to ease the subsequent project deploy
Our actions were mostly aimed at backend improvements. It is built using Java, Spring Boot/Security, Hibernate/JOOQ, Lombok, Liquibase, and SLF4J. Other technologies used:
- Angular 6
- Database — PostgreSQL
- Web server — NGINX
- Smart cart and payments — kak2c
The admin panel became more secure, the database is now easy to read and maintain. We improved the website’s scalability and prepared to extend it in the future.