– Janis Kondrats, CTO at Anatomy Next
Wild West VR
Wild West VR is a first-person shooter unfolding in a western setting. Two gamepads are used as weapons. In creating the game we used ready-made three-dimensional models and developed the basic logic of artificial intelligence. On top of that, we have added the architecture levels and spawn-points for maximum smoothness of the interface. Game features have been enhanced with the introduction of the waves of attacks of various levels of difficulty.
- Development of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides the player with a challenging battle against a virtual opponent
- Lightweight game design that would deliver an entertaining interactive experience to the player
- The game design shifted to controllers to make the gameplay feel natural
- Smooth integration of multiplayer with the game dynamics
- In-game currency
The challenge was to create an interesting game as difficult as possible so that the users played it several times before they win.
We have used Facebook SDK to allow users to log into the game with Facebook. Also, this allows sharing Facebook Stories when game events occur, like a new high score. Or use the user’s friend list to get them to challenge their friends to a game.
Technologies used: Unity3D, Facebook SDK, Steam SDK, VR libraries.
The game was released on Steam in 2018.