– Janis Kondrats, CTO at Anatomy Next
VR ECG simulator
The application is a VR ECG simulator that helps with training and evaluation of medical personnel performing ECG procedures and ECG laboratory setup.
All room dimensions are as close as they can get to on-site ECG laboratories. The application consists of different training routines for the room setup and the performance of the ECG procedure itself. All routines and requirements for the exercises correspond to actual on-site conditions.
Any deviation from the process is tracked by the application and reported as metrics for further improvement.
- Modes of the simulator
- Room setup — Virtual factory of processes on the organization of ECG laboratory working area
- Sorting: Find redundant items and label them with stickers
- Room maintenance: Arrange the furniture to ensure maximum workplace efficiency.
- Search for contamination sources
- Choosing the right standard operating procedure
At the end of the course, the subject gets an evaluation and the number of errors before he/she can revisit the theory or continue training.
Health tech startup.
Our challenge was to develop a native app for training and evaluation of medical personnel performing ECG procedures and ECG laboratory setup.
The application produces a realistic VR simulation of the ECG procedure. The simulated procedure includes applying a solution, placing electrodes, treating caps and clamps, and ensuring that the resulting reading is correct.
Technologies used: Unity 3D, C#, Steam VR SDK, HTC Vive, Blender 3D Modelling Software.
The product currently has over 25,000 users representing more than 750 schools and university programs throughout the US and Europe.