This project is an app for IoT-enabled home management. The app allows the user to interact with smart devices via a smartphone: remotely turn on and off lights, heaters, or air conditioners, run programs on appliances such as coffee machines, washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, and more.
One of the key features of this app is the ability to remotely control and check the status of devices, group multiple devices together to control them simultaneously, configure the device settings, and get notifications about different devices.
Below, you will find key functionalities of the app:
- Dashboard. The dashboard was designed to provide a quick overview of the most important updates for the user.
- Device Management. The app enables users to control each smart device they own, whether it’s an air conditioning device or smart lights.
- Device Groups. To improve access and control, users can organize their devices into groups. This way, they can have a separate view of each room in their home.
- Usage Control. As the world becomes more environmentally aware, this app helps users be more sustainable and manage their usage.
An international company that provides technology for smart home systems and produces innovative solutions suitable for projects.
IoT (Internet of things)
The customer challenged us to develop a Smart Home Management application for Android. This application should operate as a single interaction center with various smart devices from different producers.
The VironIT team was engaged in all the development stages. We investigated the customer domain area and suggested optimal ways of developing a functional and user-friendly application. The project was created using the Kotlin language.
During the project, we used various technologies to work with remote data sources:
- MQTT protocol,
- the remote database Couchbase,
- Native protocols for data exchange via APIs.
We have created a multifunctional and easy-to-use application so that users can comfortably manage their house even when they are far from home. They can view and adjust key functions within a smart home and view important info and notifications all from one screen.
In a nutshell, with the smart home app on the phone, users have a pocket-sized control center. Use it to change lights, answer the door and so much more.