– Janis Kondrats, CTO at Anatomy Next
CabDriver Taxi App
CabDriver is a taxi aggregator of a new type — the one designed for fleets and drivers.
The web application allows users to receive trip orders and reservations, send them to fleets first, and then distribute them between drivers. Moreover, this app is also used as a statistics and management tool.
There is also a mobile application that is designed for drivers to be used during their working hours. It helps them to manage the orders assigned to them.
Both applications are created for fleets and drivers only; the passengers won’t use any of them.
A large company from Western Europe that provides taxi services.
The most difficult technical challenge was to rewrite the existing application from scratch since they were migrating from AngularJS to Angular 7. Then, after the migration of existing features, the most difficult problem was to connect a socket integration to track the taxi cars’ location in real-time mode.
- AngularJS => Angular 7
- GitLab Pipelines
As a result, the solution includes the following parts:
- backend for orders and reservations loading and their distribution between fleets and drivers;
- back-office — a part of the app managed by a unique superuser who validates new accounts and edits the content;
- a web application that is made of two parts: one for fleet workers and another for drivers; it allows both sides to check statistics and manage rides;
- iOS smartphone and tablet apps are drivers’ tools during their working hours;
- Android smartphone and tablet applications as drivers’ tools.