A leading majority of entrepreneurs, webmasters, and ordinary users are all looking up ways to sell advertisements that are rated as the most popular type of ads.
According to marketing authority William A. Cohen, classified advertising offers “greater return on your investment,” and now you can see a clearer picture.
In this article we will explore:
- The purpose of classified websites
- How to make a classified ads website
- Core features for a classified website MVP
- How to make money with a classified ads website
- How much does it cost to make a web classified app
The Purpose of Classified Ads Websites
Internet traffic and revenue are rising yearly, and people actively take advantage of doing everything online, on the go.
Launching a classified ads website gives brands full online exposure. Perhaps someone wants to make some cash on old goods that will no longer be of use, but which are still too good to throw away. Or maybe one is considering buying a new gadget and wants to cover expenses for a new one by selling the current model.
How to Create an Online Classified Ads Website?
If you’re thinking of creating an online classified website, there are two ways you can go:
- Create it with a website builder, using classified templates/themes,
- Find a company to create a website from scratch.
Speaking about website builders, a few come to mind:
And a brief comparison is given below:
The greatest advantage of website builders is that they don’t require any coding. In addition, there are many guides and videos on how to launch a website an hour or two.
Despite these advantages, builders also have their drawbacks, which at some point may become significant.
- None of the templates are unique. All the themes from the gallery are used by many other websites, which will negatively impact search results. The less unique content on a website, the lower position it will have.
- Terms of integrations restrictions. What you can do with a website builder is limited by the platform itself. It may not support the integrations you want to implement, or it may charge extra money to do.
- Big data processing issues. At the start, everything is supposed to work fast and smooth, but if you are successful enough that the number of visitors grows rapidly, the website will struggle to handle the flow of big data. At some point, you may have to consider changing hosts, which is a major inconvenience.
The process for creating a website with a builder will be very similar. You will have to do the following:
The website builder choice remains a viable route for those who are thinking of creating a classified ads website.
- Pick a domain name.
- Register the domain and sign up.
- Set up your future website using the capabilities of a platform you chose.
- Structurize and customize the website design.
- Add pages and upload content.
- Create a navigation menu.
Custom Web Development
Any entrepreneur wants to save money and make a business profitable. Going online is a good way to engage new customers and empower businesses. That is why so many business owners consider custom web development to give them an edge.
There are benefits and drawbacks to using custom website architecture. We will highlight a number of them to create a contrast with website builders, which were mentioned above.
Core Features for a Classified Ads Website MVP
Creating an MVP for a website makes it easier to understand exactly what is needed for the release and what can be postponed. It reveals issues to consider that will save time and money.
Normally, to prioritize features, one may utilize the MoSCoW method (Must, Should, Could, Would). We will list only must-have features in this article.
These features are recommended for inclusion in a classified ads website MVP project. To extend or enhance it, you can add some others, such as:
- Account verification
- Ratings and feedback (of sellers and goods)
- Feed and recommendations
- Daily deals.
How to Make Money with a Classified Ads Website?
With all the technologies available today, creating a classifieds ads site can be easy. You should simply consider a platform and use it to launch your classified ads website.
But while creating a site may be simple, it still demands support. Monetary investment is necessary to keep the catalog working. When all the preparations are complete, the site is up and running, the catalog has been arranged, the next question is: How to make money from it?
Here are a few ways to make money from a classified ads website:
Offer clients a choice to upgrade from an ordinary account to a premium one with extra perks and permissions. There may be a variety of offers with different prices, and monthly or yearly billing systems.
This is one of the most widespread approaches to making money from a website. Alongside Google Adsense (or any other ad network), you can improve your general profit by permitting clients to post premium or highlighted advertisements. If a significant number of clients are already posting promotions on a classifieds site, some clients may want to highlight their goods, offers or posts to make them stand out from the rest. You can help them to accomplish this by including advertisements and charging them a small fee. Such a feature will help dealers to engage more clients and catch the eye of visitors to the site.
This classic feature remains popular even today. You can draw of attention of guests by using appealing designs without putting in too much effort. Clients can use banner promotions to make their accounts public. This is especially alluring for a concrete target audience visiting your site.
Earn money by placing other links on your website. The amount you can earn this way depends on the number of your website guests and how many of them follow links.
How Much Does It Cost to Make a Classified Ads Website MVP?
Business analysts at VironIT are always ready to provide you with free quotes, but this time we have prepared an estimate of a custom-made classified ads website MVP. The features included in the estimation were mentioned above.
There are many other costs involved in launching a classified ads website. You should consider additional expenses such as:
Classified Ads Website Cost
$8,200 – $10,600
$9,000 – $13,400
$1,700 – $2,400
$18,900 – $26,400
QA (Quality Assurance) [optional]
$3,500 – $4,800
UI/UX Design [optional]
$2,000 – $3,000
Business Analysis [optional]
$1,500 – $2,000
Total with optional costs
$25,900 – $36,200
- Domain name: $10 – $30 yearly
- Hosting services: $30 – $150 yearly
- SSL: $10 – $100
- Maintain a website: $10 – 200 monthly.
Learn How Much Your Classified Ads Website Will Cost
If you are considering creating a classified ads website, you can get a free quote for a project from our company in just a few business days. Fill in the form, and please feel free to ask questions.
Please, rate my article. I did my best!
Stay tuned. Monthly digest of the best stories.